Its very exciting walking past the hall getting fitted out, not long now. 🙂
– is a fun, inclusive evening of fashion and creativity. Celebrate self-expression, individuality and the power of re-using and recycling. Free booking
Merlynston Markets Bain Reserve – Sunday 25 March if you want to have a stall
For artists Moreland council has updated its Arts Strategy and an arts infrastructure grants are now aligned – go check the Moreland website and arts grant
Need to earth yourself? Nearly every weekend until the end of winter there is community re-vegetation along upfield path.
Note: all links leave page
Sod turning a Civic Event Tuesday 14 November at 5 pm
This event is to herald the commencement of a major refurbishment to Merlynston Progress Hall, celebrating a great community campaign to give new life to this landmark.
Please RSVP as Moreland council looks forward to our involvement in celebrating this very important Civic Eventat Merlynston Progress Hall 1 Novian Street, Coburg North.
Click on this link below to download an invitation PDF to invite your neighbours
Winter Local news update
Merlynston 3058 would like to thank Moreland Council for fully funding the refurbishment of Merlynston hall and due to be completed by Christmas 2017.
- Upfield Urban forest there are regular weekend plantings https://www.upfieldurbanforest.org/
- Fern Smith artist is inviting artists, creatives and have-a-goers to produce art on recycled lids – entries closes 6 August 2017 Exhibition: 19th August – 27th August 2017 Link : https://fernartz.com/art-studio/
- Merlynston Market – Winter 2017 venue is Coburg Town Hall 90 Bell St, Coburg VIC on July 30, 2017 10:00am – 3:00pm https://www.merlynstonmarket.com.au/
Pencil in reminders
- Greening Merlynston is on a winter break catch up in Spring
- Ducks for detainees happening at Fernartz studio in November
- Katherine Rawlings composer, artist writer holds regular happenings at St. Linus Church – http://www.katherinerawlings.com/linus-concert/
- Progress hall opening Celebrations possibly in December
Merlsynston 3058 is growing
Artists, creatives, designers and crafters 3058
A clutch of artists near Batman station and part of a not for profit organisation.
Looking forward to watching them grow. Woodwork, metal work, industrial sewing machines and more (2016 November)
Ruth Allen multi-media artist working with glass and light(2016ish)
Founder Holger Dielenberg
A robust studio space for the creatives who need a good tool and product incubator (2013ish)
To be part of Creative Moreland a great linking resource is here http://creativemoreland.com.au/home-2/
The usual suspects of 3058
Maggie Chiara (draftswoman and painter) and Piero Pompeani (master cabinet maker)
Jerry Galea Photographer and teacher
Angela Stock multi media artist
Fern Smith painter, draftswoman, printer and more
Have I left anyone off the list let me know !!!!